NPA UTI Training (online)(Non-Member)
This online course has been developed by our in-house clinical team and it is designed to support Community Pharmacists who have set up a service to assess patients with UTI symptoms. It is based on the most up to date guidance available from November 2019 including NICE and NHS England. By offering this service to their patients, Community Pharmacies meet the requirements to gain the Healthy Living Pharmacy (HLP) Level 1.
The online training course objectives are:
- To understand the steps involved in taking a person’s clinical history, including their medicines, for the purposes of a UTI assessment
- To apply tools and techniques to demonstrate a structured person-centred approach to clinical history taking
- To apply evidence and guidance to support clinical reasoning and engage the patient in shared decision making
- To be aware of the guidance for hand washing in a clinical setting
- To understand the basic clinical examination associated with a UTI and the skills to perform a urinary assessment – women aged 18-65 years
- To interpret and apply urinalysis results to aid clinical diagnosis and decisions
- To identify presenting red flags in the consultation to enable safe, effective, ‘warm’ clinical transfer of the patient
- To be aware of the relevant NICE guidelines and access to these for further reading
- To safely and effectively close the consultation including safety netting, signposting and referral when necessary
- To complete an accurate and concise clinical record to support data sharing across healthcare settings
ECG’s General Terms and Conditions, can be viewed here: https://ecgtraining.co.uk/about-us/policies/
Your purchase entitles you to 3 attempts at the post course test and access to the course materials for one year from the date of purchase.
All online courses are completed on an approved platform and your registration and training details are held on this platform.
Upon purchasing this course, our team will manually complete the enrolment. This can take up to 48 hours and actioned on a business working day. Our office opening hours are Monday – Friday 08:30 -17:00.