NPA Ear Assessment Training (online)(TA)
The online training course objectives are:
- To understand the steps involved in taking a person’s clinical history, including their medicines, for the purposes of an ear assessment
- To apply tools and techniques to demonstrate a structured person-centred approach to clinical history taking
- To apply evidence and guidance to support clinical reasoning and engage the patient in shared decision making
- To be aware of the guidance for hand washing in a clinical setting
- To understand the basic clinical examination of the ear and the skills to perform otoscope assessment
- To interpret and apply ear assessment results to aid clinical diagnosis and decisions
- To identify presenting red flags in the consultation to enable safe, effective, ‘warm’ clinical transfer of the patient
- To be aware of the relevant NICE guidelines and access to these for further reading
- To safely and effectively close the consultation including safety netting, signposting and referral when necessary
- To complete an accurate and concise clinical record to support data sharing across healthcare settings
Training is in line with the requirements detailed by the British Society of Audiology.
ECG’s General Terms and Conditions, can be viewed here: https://ecgtraining.co.uk/about-us/policies/
Your purchase entitles you to 3 attempts at the post course test and access to the course materials for one year from the date of purchase.
All online courses are completed on an approved platform and your registration and training details are held on this platform.
Upon purchasing this course, our team will manually complete the enrolment. This can take up to 48 hours and actioned on a business working day. Our office opening hours are Monday – Friday 08:30 -17:00.