This online course is aimed at those who are currently, or have previously practised venepuncture who want to refresh their knowledge and understanding of the skill.
Please note: Your purchase entitles you to 3 attempts at the post course test and access to the course materials for one year from the date of purchase. Your certificate is created on successful completion of the test.
At the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- Define their role and responsibilities when performing venepuncture
- Explain informed consent and mental capacity
- Identify relevant infection prevention and control measures
- Explain appropriate vein selection
- List equipment required
- Describe the process of performing venepuncture
- Recognise and explain how to treat potential complications
- Explain correct documentation required
- Online content to read
- Questions to answer throughout
- There are self checks throughout the course and the final assessment will need to achieve 80% to obtain a pass mark
- This course is aimed at those who are currently, or have previously practised venepuncture who want to refresh their knowledge and understanding of the skill
- If you have not trained in venepuncture before, you will need to complete face-to-face training; please contact us for more details of our face to face training options
How we use your data:
ECG collects your personal information when you place an order for products and services, use our website, attend/complete our courses or contact us. We will use this information to provide the services requested and maintain training records.
For more information explaining how we use your data, please see our Privacy Notice.