This online course is aimed at pharmacists who wish to learn how to safely swab a throat to enable them to offer the Strep A Test and Treat service. This course has been designed using NICE guidance and the clinical experience of ECG trainers.
Please note: Your purchase entitles you to 3 attempts at the post course test and access to the course materials for one year from the date of purchase. Your certificate is created on successful completion of the test.
At the end of the course, the learner will know how to:
- Understand the possible causes of sore throats
- Describe the symptoms of Group A Streptococcus
- Describe the alternative test methods including CENTOR and FeverPAIN
- Describe why rapid antigen testing is useful in the pharmacy environment
- Understand what infection prevention and control measures should be taken when throat swabbing
- Describe how to safely and effectively gain a throat swab sample
- Understand when it is not safe to perform a throat swab
- Online content to read
- There is a final assessment will need to achieve 80% to obtain a pass mark
- Your purchase entitles you to 3 attempts at the post course test and access to the course materials for one year from the date of purchase
- Your certificate is created on successful completion of the test
Post course requirements:
After completing this training, we would recommend you:
- Check with your employer so that you are aware of any local policies or procedures that you may need to follow to ensure compliance
How we use your data:
ECG collects your personal information when you place an order for products and services, use our website, attend/complete our courses or contact us. We will use this information to provide the services requested and maintain training records.
For more information explaining how we use your data, please see our Privacy Notice.