This online course is designed for those working with or likely to come into contact with vulnerable adults. It will address categories, signs and symptoms of abuse, action to take if you suspect abuse and related legislation, including the Mental Capacity Act. This course has been written in line with guidance from No Secrets issued by the Department of Health and the Home Office, along with the Mental Capacity Act, the Human Rights Act and Safeguarding Vulnerable Groups Act.
Please note: Your purchase entitles you to 3 attempts at the post course test and access to the course materials for one year from the date of purchase. Your certificate is created on successful completion of the test.
At the end of this course, the learner will know how to:
- Recognise who the abusers are likely to be
- Recognise the impact of abuse on vulnerable adults
- Understand the legislation and guidelines surrounding safeguarding
- Understand the meaning and types of consent
- Explain what is meant by duty of care
- Understand the meaning of mental capacity and recall the five main principles
- State the difference between capacity and limited capacity
- Recognise the difference between lasting power of attorney and deputyship order
- Understand the meaning of deprivation of liberty safeguards
- Describe the conditions relating to a valid advance directive
- Online content to read
- There is a final assessment and you will need to achieve 80% to obtain a pass mark
- Your purchase entitles you to 3 attempts at the post course test and access to the course materials for one year from the date of purchase
- Your certificate is created on successful completion of the test
Post course requirements:
- After completing this training, we would recommend you:
- Check with your employer so that you are aware of any local policies or procedures that you may need to follow to ensure compliance
- Gain experience of this skill through clinical supervision
How we use your data:
ECG collects your personal information when you place an order for products and services, use our website, attend/complete our courses or contact us. We will use this information to provide the services requested and maintain training records.
For more information explaining how we use your data, please see our Privacy Notice.