This open course is suitable for pharmacists who are experienced in administering vaccinations and will cover how to administer vaccines into the arm or anterolateral thigh, as well as basic life support and anaphylaxis management for infants and children under the age of 2 years old.
The National Minimum Standards for Immunisation Training and the associated Core Curriculum for Immunisation Training set out the knowledge and skills that healthcare professionals undertaking vaccination services need to have. Pharmacists who will provide a Vaccination Service must have completed practical training in vaccination that meets these requirements.
Duration – 2 hours
Suitable for – Pharmacists who are experienced in administering vaccinations, wishing to upskill to deliver vaccinations to infants and children under the age of 2 years old
At the end of the course delegates will be able to demonstrate:
- Reconstitution of a vaccine
- Setting up of consultation room to ensure safe disposal of sharps
- Holding an infant or child for injection into the arm or thigh
- Safe administration of a intramuscular and subcutaneous injection into the arm or thigh
- Refresher of anaphylaxis recognition and how to treat it
- Refresher of basic life support for infants
- Practice under supervision
- Demonstration of safe vaccination techniques
- Demonstration of basic life support skills for infants and children under 2 years of age
- Successful completion of a theory quiz
How we use your data:
ECG collects your personal information when you place an order for products and services, use our website, attend/complete our courses or contact us. We will use this information to provide the services requested and maintain training records.
For more information explaining how we use your data, please see our Privacy Notice.