Ear Assessment & Treatment Training One Stop Shop (online and PGD package)
£69.00 (£82.80 inc. VAT)
All online courses and PGD’s are processed Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm with 48 hours processing time required.
This service package enables you to offer ear infection treatments to patients in your community and to those visiting your pharmacy. Pharmacists who run this service will be authorised to dispense (via PGD): Dexamethasone, glacial acetic acid, neomycin sulfate (Otomize®) Ear spray for Otitis Externa.
The online training course objectives are:
- To understand the steps involved in taking a person’s clinical history, including their medicines, for the purposes of an ear assessment
- To apply tools and techniques to demonstrate a structured person-centred approach to clinical history taking
- To apply evidence and guidance to support clinical reasoning and engage the patient in shared decision making
- To be aware of the guidance for hand washing in a clinical setting
- To understand the basic clinical examination of the ear and the skills to perform otoscope assessment
- To interpret and apply ear assessment results to aid clinical diagnosis and decisions
- To identify presenting red flags in the consultation to enable safe, effective, ‘warm’ clinical transfer of the patient
- To be aware of the relevant NICE guidelines and access to these for further reading
- To safely and effectively close the consultation including safety netting, signposting and referral when necessary
- To complete an accurate and concise clinical record to support data sharing across healthcare settings
Training is in line with the requirements detailed by the British Society of Audiology.
The PGD is suitable for Pharmacists only and valid for 12 months from the date it is issued and it is provided by PharmaDoctor. Please check your eligibility and training options first, as we will not be able to issue a refund for this purchase.
Bookings are subject to ECG’s General Terms and Conditions, which can be viewed here.
+ Show More Your purchase entitles you to 3 attempts at the post course test and access to the course materials for one year from the date of purchase. All online courses are completed on an approved platform and your registration and training details are held on this platform. show less
+ Show More
Your purchase entitles you to 3 attempts at the post course test and access to the course materials for one year from the date of purchase.
All online courses are completed on an approved platform and your registration and training details are held on this platform.