If you require further information then please get in touch by calling 0845 423 8993, email Bookings@ecgtraining.co.uk
Clinical Assessment Blended Course
£57.50 – £115.00
This course is ideal for clinicians who may need to undertake clinical observations of their patients in practice.
As this is a blended course all delegates MUST complete the e-learning element of this course prior to attending the face-to-face component.
Clinical assessment training gives practitioners the skills, knowledge, and confidence to safely and effectively, consider basic clinical observations of their patients. This course explores National Early Warning Score (NEWS) which assist clinicians to identify patient deterioration, in a standardised process of recording, scoring, and responding to changes which are measured in acutely ill patients. The physiological observations explored throughout this course include, heart rate, respiratory rate, blood pressure, temperature, oxygen saturation, levels of consciousness. Examination of the throat, ear, blood glucose and uranalysis will be discussed and examined during this course.
At the end of the course, the learner will be able to:
- Describe the benefits of NEWS and demonstrate correct use of NEWS and its clinical response
- Know and be able to measure the Six Physiological Parameters included in NEWS including heart rate, respiratory rate, blood pressure, temperature, oxygen saturation levels and level of consciousness and the normal parameters for these
- Outline the uses of urinalysis and demonstrate the correct procedure for undertaking urinalysis and correctly interpret the results of urinalysis and initiate / signpost to appropriate treatment
- Understand the need for blood glucose monitoring and outline when it should and should not be used and demonstrate safe and accurate blood sampling and measurement of glucose using the monitor correctly
- Undertake a throat examination
- Undertake a basic ear examination