This online course is aimed at anyone working in a healthcare environment who requires a basic understanding of the recognition and management of a deteriorating patient and of a cardiac arrest. The course covers both adult and paediatric Basic Life Support; the use of an Automated External Defibrillator (AED) and the signs, symptoms and management of a patient with anaphylaxis. It has been designed around guidelines from the Resuscitation Council (UK), NICE, the Royal College of Physicians as well as the clinical experience of ECG trainers.
Please note: Your purchase entitles you to 3 attempts at the post course test and access to the course materials for one year from the date of purchase. Your certificate is created on successful completion of the test.
At the end of this course, the learner will know how to:
- Recognise cardiorespiratory arrest
- Know how to summon immediate emergency help in accordance with local protocols
- Start CPR using chest compressions
- Understand current legislation and local resuscitation policies and procedures
- Know how to recognise and respond to patients with clinical deterioration, escalating care in accordance with local policy
- Initiate an appropriate emergency response in accordance with the Resuscitation Council (UK) guidelines including choking and the use of the recovery position
- Provide basic airway management i.e. ensure an open airway
- Initiate and maintain effective chest compressions in accordance with the Resuscitation Council (UK) guidelines
- Initiate and maintain effective lung ventilations in accordance with the Resuscitation Council (UK) guidelines
- Operate an Automated External Defibrillator (AED) safely and appropriately
- Define the term anaphylaxis
- Understand the causes of anaphylaxis
- Identify the routes of entry and reaction times
- Administer adrenaline in the treatment for anaphylaxis
- Online content to read
- Questions to answer throughout
- There are self checks throughout the course and the final assessment will need to achieve 80% to obtain a pass mark
- Your purchase entitles you to 3 attempts at the post course test and access to the course materials for one year from the date of purchase
- Your certificate is created on successful completion of the test
Post course requirements:
- To demonstrate practical competence, this course should be followed by face to face Basic Life Support training
How we use your data:
ECG collects your personal information when you place an order for products and services, use our website, attend/complete our courses or contact us. We will use this information to provide the services requested and maintain training records.
For more information explaining how we use your data, please see our Privacy Notice.