Our vaccination training has been designed to provide you with the skills and knowledge you need to administer vaccines to adults and children (2+) and to meet your differing needs.
We offer nationwide face to face training and an online course, depending on what you need:
- Book onto one of our nationwide open courses – click here to see dates and locations and pay online
- Contact us about on site training – for more information, please email us
- Buy our online vaccination course
Depending on what level of training you require, we offer the following courses:
- The Vaccination (practical skills for all vaccines) including Strep A testing face to face course is designed for anyone who is new to vaccination, as well as anyone who requires an upgrade to their existing training to allow them to vaccinate children or to undertake travel health. This would also be the ideal course as a refresher for anyone that has had a break from vaccinating and wants to improve their confidence. Training will also include throat swabbing to enable the pharmacist to offer a Strep A test and treat service.
- The Vaccination (practical refresher) face to face course is aimed at those who have previously completed a full vaccination course and are regularly vaccinating patients and are confident in their skills. This course includes vaccinating adults and children as well as the skills required for travel health vaccinations. It is not suitable for anyone that is new to vaccinating.
- The Vaccination refresher (online) course complements our practical vaccination courses and can be used as a refresher only between face to face courses. It is aimed at providing sufficient knowledge and skills, as well as the ability to recognise and manage adverse reactions.
The National Minimum Standards for Immunisation Training and the associated Core Curriculum for Immunisation Training set out the knowledge and skills that healthcare professionals undertaking vaccination services need to have. Pharmacists who will provide the Flu Vaccination Service must have completed practical training in vaccination that meets these requirements.
NHS England has determined that pharmacists providing the Flu Vaccination Service need to attend face-to-face training for both injection technique and basic life support training every two years.
It is recommended that if you are new to vaccination, you should complete both the Vaccination (practical skills for all vaccines) including Strep A testing and Vaccination refresher (online) courses.
Now available: Private Vaccination PGDs
To complement out Vaccination training, we now offer a range of Private Vaccination PGDs, including Influenza (Seasonal Flu), Hepatitis B, Meningitis ACWY, HPV, MMR, Shingles, Chicken Pox, Pneumococcal and Meningitis B.
These Private Vaccination PGDs are suitable for Pharmacists only and valid for 12 months from date of issue (with the exception of the Private Flu Vaccination PGD which is valid for the season it is issued for). They are available individually or as a bundle at a discounted price – please click here for more information.
NEW: PharmaDoctor ETool – Travel Health Services
You can now buy the PharmaDoctor ETool in our online shop. This is an innovative, digital system designed to help pharmacists set up a private travel vaccination clinic with minimum fuss and investment.
It is suitable for Pharmacists only and is valid for 12 months from the activation date.
For more information please click here.
ECG are a fantastic organisation to work with and are always accommodating to our business needs. The management team attend to our requests without hesitation and are able to respond to any queries we may have within our agreed timescales. The quality of the training that is delivered by the ECG trainers is excellent! They are clear, accurate and very approachable, ensuring that the highest standards of training are delivered.
Quotes from our pharmacists who receive training:
“Excellent manner and very understandable.”
“Put serious information across in a very pleasant and light-hearted manner.”
“Knowledgeable instructor with plenty of real life examples helping to put things into context.”
“Excellent, engaging session. Good refresher.”
“Very good/useful and up to date knowledge provided.”
Meera Joshi, Professional Development Designer
Professional Development Team, Boots UK
Past and present clients include:
- Lloyds Pharmacy
- Cambrian Alliance