Intermediate Life Support Level 3 (CSTF)
This course aims to train healthcare professionals in basic life support, simple airway management and safe defibrillation (manual or AED). This course will enable delegates to manage patients in cardiac arrest until the arrival of an ambulance or cardiac arrest team.
Please note: This course follows Resuscitation Council Guidelines but is not Resuscitation Council Accredited.
Duration – Full course 1 day, update half day
Learning objectives – To equip the participant with sufficient knowledge and skills to:
- know how to assess a patient at risk
- recognise cardiac arrest and provide effective basic life support
- summon appropriate help and equipment
- demonstrate the safe and appropriate use of the defibrillator (manual or AED depending on setting requirements)
- demonstrate the skills and knowledge to provide simple airway management for an unwell patient. Including airway positioning, airway insertion, pocket mask and bag-valve-mask use, oxygen and suction use, and ongoing re-assessment of the patient
- demonstrate knowledge of the Resuscitation Council’s treatment algorithms for BLS and AED
Learning outcomes will be achieved through assessment of Practical airway management, BLS, AED and successful completion of an ILS question paper
Location – Training can be delivered on-site at your venue