12 Lead ECG – Recording and Interpretation
This course covers how to accurately record a 12 Lead ECG and basic interpretation skills.
Duration – 4 hours
Ratio – 1 trainer : 6 delegates
(1:1 training is available – please contact us for more information)
Suitable for – Any staff who are required to record and / or interpret 12 Lead ECGs as part of their role
At the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- Identify the basic anatomy and physiology of the heart
- Describe the conduction system of the heart
- Accurately place the leads and record an ECG
- Discuss the 6 steps of ECG recognition
- Practice under supervision
- Demonstrate how to accurately record an ECG
- Successfully complete a question paper
Our trainers use a manikin for demonstration and delegate practice. An ECG machine is not necessary for successful completion of the course. However, if one is available, please ensure this is set up in the training room before the training is due to start. Our trainers will then be able to incorporate practical work using the ECG machine, to ensure delegates are familiar and competent in its use.
For more information about on site training, please email us.