Vaccination (practical refresher)
This open course is a refresher for confident vaccinators only and covers all practical skills required to allow the Pharmacist to vaccinate adults and children over the age of 2 years old.
Duration – 2½ hours
Suitable for – Pharmacists who have had previous practical training in all skills required and who are regularly vaccinating.
At the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- Safe intramuscular and subcutaneous injection techniques
- Intranasal administration of vaccines
- Adult and Paediatric basic life support
- Recognition of anaphylaxis and other adverse reactions
- Practice under supervision
- Demonstration of safe vaccination techniques
- Demonstration of basic life support skills for adults and children