Theory of Vaccination (online)
To arrange an alternative payment method, please contact us on 0845 423 8993
This course has been designed to complement our practical skills course. It is aimed at providing pharmacists with sufficient knowledge around the practical skills of vaccinating adult patients (12+), as well as the ability to recognise and manage adverse reactions.
This course can be used either as an update for those already trained in vaccination, or as pre-learning before attending a practical training session for anyone new to vaccination.
It has been written in line with guidelines issued by the Department of Health, the Health Protection Agency and the Resuscitation Council UK, and based on the clinical experience of our professional trainers.
Please note: Your purchase entitles you to unlimited access to the course materials and 2 attempts at the post course test. Your certificate is created on successful completion of the test.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- interpret the information specified within Patient Group Directions (PGDs)
- describe the appropriate storage and handling of vaccines
- prepare your consultation room, equipment, vaccine and patient for their vaccination
- explain the correct administration of vaccines
- identify the required documentation, record keeping and reporting in relation to vaccinations
- recognise and manage anaphylaxis and other adverse reactions