Children’s First Aid for Parents and Carers
|NOTE: If you have a promo code for this course, you will be able to enter this at checkout|
This course is designed for parents, grandparents, babysitters or anyone who regularly looks after children.
The first aid advice gives up to date clinical guidance (as per October 2015) and can be used to treat any infant or child.
Please note: Your purchase entitles you to unlimited access to the course materials and 2 attempts at a post course knowledge review. Your certificate is created on successful completion of this review.
“The relevant content and ease of use means this training has been very well received. Recommending this training helps our nursery deliver against our policy of Parental Involvement and to meet the Early Years Foundation Stage guidelines.”
Mrs C Ward MBE – Head, Little Oaks Community Nursery
By the end of this course, you should be able to:
- recognise a child or infant who is unconscious and not breathing and administer cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- recognise and provide first aid for a child or infant who is unconscious and is breathing
- recognise and provide first aid for a child or infant who is choking
- recognise and provide first aid for a child or infant with asthma, croup, fever, dehydration, meningitis, allergic reactions, poisoning, seizures
- recognise and provide first aid for a child or infant with severe bleeding, shock, broken bones, sprains, strains, burns, head injury and nosebleeds
* This course is also available on site