To arrange an alternative payment method, please contact us on 0845 423 8993
This online course is aimed at any healthcare provider who requires an update in the recognition and emergency treatment of anaphylaxis in a child or adult.
It equips the healthcare provider with sufficient knowledge and skills to be able to recognise and manage anaphylaxis. It has been designed around guidelines from the Resuscitation Council (UK), NICE, the Royal College of Physicians and the BMJ, as well as the clinical experience of ECG trainers.
Please note: Your purchase entitles you to unlimited access to the course materials and 2 attempts at the post course test. Your certificate is created on successful completion of the test.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- describe the common triggers for anaphylaxis and factors that can affect its development
- define the recommended structured approach to assessing an unwell patient in your care
- identify the signs and symptoms of anaphylaxis
- refer to current guidelines on how to treat anaphylaxis in the initial stage of the emergency
- describe the varying adrenaline doses recommended for all ages suffering from anaphylaxis
- access guidelines for best practice for healthcare providers in the administration of adrenaline
- accurately record and know how to report anaphylactic reactions that occur whilst the patient is in your care