Suitable for healthcare professionals who routinely move patients, this course provides an opportunity to practice in a safe environment and covers the principles of manual handling.
Delegates will gain a basic knowledge of the relevant legislation and professional guidance, use risk assessment to reduce risk of harm and identify the most appropriate handling techniques and equipment.
Duration – Full day introduction or half day update *
“Taught with enthusiasm and excitement. It was easy to understand how to do everything.”
“First time ever learning about moving and handling of patients and after my session I feel confident”
Learning Objectives: On completion of the course, delegates will be able to:
- describe the principles of manual handling
- refer to the relevant legislation, policies and professional guidance
- be able to use an ergonomic approach to risk assessment to reduce risk of harm to self and others
- communicate a basic knowledge of anatomy & spinal awareness
- identify the most appropriate handling techniques and equipment for a particular task
- discuss controversial practice
- practice in a safe environment
Learning outcomes – will be achieved through practical supervised demonstration and questions throughout the session
Location – Training can be delivered on-site at your venue
* The half day option assumes prior attendance at the full course