Load and Minimal Patient Handling for Practices
The aim of this course is to equip delegates with a greater degree of knowledge in manual handling.
Duration: GP Load / Patient handling – 3 hours
Learning objectives –
On completion of this training the delegates will be able to :
- Identify three pieces of legislation concerned with Manual Handling
- Health and Safety at Work Act 1974
- Manual Handling Operations Regulations 1992
- Health and Safety (Offences) Act 2008
- Identify the elements of posture which are detrimental to the individual
- Identify the specific elements of Risk assessment with regards to manual handling.
- Identify good workstation layout
Learning outcomes – will be achieved through presentation, discussion and a knowledge quiz
Location – Training can be delivered on-site at your venue